The final report for the Rimrocks to Valley Bike/Pedestrian Feasibility Plan is available for review. Thank you for your participation and interest in this important pr
Project Introduction and Background
The Rimrocks to Valley Bike and Pedestrian Feasibility Study will evaluate alternatives for the development of separated bicycle and pedestrian facilities from Highway 3 atop the Rimrocks to existing bicycle and pedestrian facilities below (Rimrock Road, etc.) from 27th Street to Zimmerman Trail.
Goals and Expectations
- Identify routes that safely convey bicyclists and pedestrians addressing the needs of both recreational users and commuters.
- Evaluate the feasibility of achieving ADA compliance.
- Identify access points and place-making opportunities.
- Consider the unique geology of the Rimrocks in the evaluation of alternatives.
- Maintain consistency with existing community plans.
- Identify and engage all relevant stakeholders, particularly the Rimrock neighborhoods.
- Enhance recreational and aesthetic opportunities from atop the Rims.
- Provide a key connection within the proposed 26-mile marathon loop trail around Billings.
- Develop a prioritized list of short-term and long-term projects.
A draft of the Rimrocks to Valley Bike/Pedestrian Feasibility Study, as well as the Study Review Schedule are now available for review. [google-drive-embed url=”ht
The polling results from Public Meeting No. 2 are now available at the link provided below! Thank you for your interest in this project! [google-drive-embed url=
The documents, presentation slides and the exhibits from Public Meeting No. 2 are now available at the links provided below! Thank you for your interest in this project!