Senior Engineer – Colorado Municipal Market Lead
Posted 3 days ago
Sanderson Stewart, an award-winning community planning and design firm, is seeking a Senior Engineer/Manager eager for an opportunity to help us manage and grow a diverse portfolio of municipal infrastructure projects in our Fort Collins, CO office.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidate should have a minimum BS in civil engineering, or related engineering field, and be registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Colorado, or able to achieve through reciprocity.
- 10+ years of design and management experience preferred.
- Requires knowledge in all aspects of engineering related to municipal infrastructure projects including street and utility design, grading and stormwater management, permitting, specifications and cost estimating; working knowledge of local jurisdictional and department of transportation regulations preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills to support proposals and design reports and memos.
- Experience putting together project specifications/project manuals for bidding purposes.
- Able to know and use the appropriate software(s) to complete designs and reports. For example, Civil3D, Mile High Drainage, and other local spreadsheets.
- Experience with construction oversight and contract administration for municipal infrastructure projects; experience managing bid procedure, RFIs, and project closeout.
- Ability to write statements of qualifications or create project proposals, define a scope of work, develop a project budget, attend meetings with clients and other stakeholders, be able to develop project workflows to create project plans, create project specifications and construction drawings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and facilitate effectively and persuasively in public and team settings.
- Ability to prepare and manage project plans, project budgets, and project schedules from project start to completion with limited oversight.
- Experience leading design teams of diverse professionals and disciplines.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by other team members.
- The preferred candidate will have experience working with local agencies, municipalities, and the department of transportation.
- Desire to be a leader in an effort to grow an office and develop new staff. This will include developing relationships and marketing and business development.
- Have a Ridiculously cool personality interested in being a CSTP (Cool Smart Talented Person).
Salary DOE: $95,000—$120,000 year
You work hard. Make it count!
Join our team and help to plan and design communities that will endure for generations to come. We are always on the lookout for Cool, Smart, Talented People who are ridiculously committed to bettering our communities and their careers!
Please upload your resume here or send your resume to: email@example.com